All business owners receive plenty of emails every day which they then need to filter manually and sometimes consolidate valuable data contained inside, to spreadsheets with the clients’ information, orders, invoice data etc. Sounds like it’s a lot of manual work to do, doesn’t it? This process often takes dozens of hours per month and can thus quickly become a nightmare.
Hopefully, there is a solution that can help you automate this process: an email parser tool.
So when do you might need to export data from an email to Excel?
Restaurants, real estate agencies, e-commerces, marketplace sellers receive hundreds of order confirmations, sale notifications, booking emails or just messages from the website contact form, on a regular basis. Some of them also need to create financial statements and analytics rapidly. An email parser is a solution to all of these tasks since with just 3 steps you get all the valuable data extracted into a spreadsheet.
How to export data from emails to Excel?
- First of all, sign in to Parsio and create a special <email>@io.parsio.io address.
- Forward your emails to that to your Parsio inbox (either manually or automatically). Check how to create auto-forwarding rules to make your emails arrive automatically into your Parsio inbox.
- Now you’ll need to create a template to extract data from your email: just highlight and create data fields, and Parsio will know which specific data you would like to extract. Any new incoming emails will be processed automatically in real time 🚀.
Finally, the extracted data can be downloaded from your Parsio mailbox as an Excel, CSV or JSON file: just go to "Parsed Data" and click "Export".
How to export data from emails to a Google Spreadsheet in real time?
To make your data extraction even more automated, you can export your data in real time to a Google Spreadsheet. Simply copy and paste a special formula in any cell.
Alternatively, you can use an automation platform like Zapier, Integrately, Integromat (evolved to Make), Quickwork, KonnectzIt, Pabbly Connect. Parsio has a native integration with all of these services so the whole process won’t take you more than 2 minutes.
And what about attachments?
Parsio can also help you to extract data from PDF, HTML, Word and much more!
To put it in a nutshell, what are the benefits you’ll get by using an email parser to export your email to Excel?
- It’s really easy to set up.
- All the data is exported in real time, within a few minutes.
- The data you receive in the end in your spreadsheet is accurate since there can be no human factor errors.
Want to know more about Parsio? Learn more about the story behind Parsio and why you might need an email parser in your daily life.
Extract valuable data from emails and attachments